Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thirstin' for the Word Thursday

I've been doing a study about having a spontaneous lifestyle of prayer. These two scriptures are very familiar but I'm struggling to not just see the words or read the words but to LIVE the words.

James 5:16 "The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."

Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made to God."

Anyone that knows me knows I worry, a lot. In fact, it has earned me the nickname of "worry wart" or just "wart" from my husband. "Be anxious for nothing" that's a tall order for me! I would say impossible except with the help of the Lord. I look forward to finishing the study and seeing the growth.

1 comment:

Elise @A Path Made Straight said...

Oh, how we all need to learn the lesson of being His message... it is a struggle, us being human and all. I will pray for you- for us!- in this journey, friend! (Even King Arthur was called Wart- at one time, anyway!)
;)