Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Saucer-Size Oatmeal Cookies

This is the cookie recipe I used last year for our Fall Festival and I have been asked to make them again this year. I love these cookies. I found the recipe in a book called Perfect Recipes for Having People Over by Pam Anderson.

1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
2 large eggs
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
14 TBSP unsalted butter, melted
2 TBSB vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chocolate chips or 6 oz bittersweet chocolate, cut into small chunks

Adjust oven racks to highest and lower middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and oatmeal in a medium bowl. Beat eggs, salt and vanilla in a small bowl. Mix butter, oil, and sugars in a large bowl. Stir egg mixture into sugar mixture until smooth. Stir in flour mixture, then stir in cranberries and chocolate.

Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup or a 3 TBSP spring action ice cream scoop, scoop 6 dough balls on each of the cookie sheets. Bake until golden brown, 16 - 18 minutes, switching positions of sheets and turning them around after 12 minutes. Use a metal spatula to transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining dough.

Cooks Note: When I first made these all I had at home was white chocolate chips so I used those instead. I LOVED it and that's what I always use.

No comments: